Wednesday, February 20, 2008

5 Bands to DIE Listening to!

Eagles: The Very Best of ~ Available for purchase
Johnny Cash: 16 Biggest Hits ~ "$"
Bill Evens: Bill Evens Trio with Symphany Orchestra ~ "$"

If I was deserted on a desert island with a boom box and only five cassette tapes, just why would I pick these five artists in the above order? Well, it is rather simple! The Eagles just so happen to be on of my father's favorite bands, and on top of it all, there isn't anything in the world like Classic Rock. The one song on their album The Very Best Of that I love is the song Hotel California. Just like the song I would never be able to leave my desert island.

Puddle of Mudd is one of those bands that I like because I like it, nothing else to it. I really don't have any other reason for choosing this band other than the fact that Famous is on their one album. Short, sweet, and to the point.

Johnny Cash--honestly who wouldn't want to listen to some Johnny Cash. Songs like Ring of Fire, In the Jailhouse Now, I Walk the Line, Riders in the Sky, and the best of them all A Boy Named Sue! Songs like this may remind me of just how the world can be, but the sweet aint as sweet without the sour. To me he is a father figure in a way.

My brother in his younger days was a music junky! He bought CD after CD and the artist out of all those CD's that he loved the most was the Smashing Pumpkins. There is one Simpson episode that always comes to mind when I think about this band and my brother at the same time. I don't remember how it went but he freaked when he heard them playing on the TV and came sprinting into the living room all pumped up. I hope I never forget that day because my whole family was in watching that episode.

I searched and searched for one more artist. It had to be somebody...anybody who played classical music that I hadn't heard before. The reason is that classical music can be soothing, exhilarating, and mediocre all at the same time. Music like that would allow my mind to just let go and forget about everything else in the world.

No comments: